Sunday, November 1, 2009

"Courtney & Tom "

Engagement sessions are always a lot of fun to do but this one was especially enjoyable for us. Courtney & Tom came in the studio a few days ago for their offical engagement portrait session. We have actually photographed Courtney many times before but it had been several years ago, back when she was in high school. We did her senior portraits and she always came here for all of her Prom & Homecoming Dance pictures. It is so nice when someone like Courtney comes back to us years later after she's been off to college & gotten her education. And are at the point where their starting their lives together with a very special someone they've chosen to share their hopes & dreams with. I always have to ask during the course of a session, how the couple met (I guess I must be nosey like that or something?!?!?) LOL!!!! Bill & I met at the "BLUEGRASS" about this time of year back in 1977, & yes he was cruzin' but I wasn't (Ha-ha!!) Since this iconic hot spot is no longer in Ashland I don't understand how people meet each other anymore! But it was funny how Tom & Courtney both actually attended BC high school at the same time, but never really knew each other till later. They were so sweet together and I wish them the happiest life as they begin their journey. The formal ones of them were fantastic & the ones in the sweaters were so good & I particularly loved the one of her looking into Tom's eyes. And doesn't that one show off her ring quite nicely??!?! I think Tom has excellent taste & did very well with his selections, the engagement ring was absolutely stunning and then choosing Courtney as his future wife. I know that their session lasted a little longer than normal but we just enjoyed talking with them and getting caught up on what's been going on....and we're so sorry Mamaw that we made them late for supper! I know they couldn't hardly wait to get there to eat and did somebody say somethin' about MEATLOAF?!?! (Y-U-M-M-O) But somebody wouldn't stop talking their leg off, & I won't mention any names. Hee-hee-ha-ha! I hope that everyone enjoys this little sneak peak of their engagement session. :)





No comments:

Post a Comment